Friday, July 2, 2010

pancake mix

So I decided to make up a pancake mix this morning.  This is what I came up with.  Now I have to fiddle with it until I get it perfected.  Today I tried mixing it with milk, although with the buttermilk in there it could be mixed with water.  I just have extra fat free milk that I want to use up and figured the calcium and protein wouldn't hurt anybody.   I also tried a version with yogurt.  I meant to throw some blueberries in the plain ones, but it didn't happen.  I still want to try them with water, and possibly vanilla soymilk since I have some of that needing to be used in my fridge, but for today, I don't need that many pancakes.
1 batch made 10 normal sized pancakes for me.

Ingredients

  • 6 cups flour
  • 1 cup buttermilk powder
  • 2 Tablespoons baking powder
  • 2 Tablespoons baking soda
  • 6 Tablespoons sugar (or splenda)  1/3 cup is close
  • 1 teaspoon salt
To make
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 Tablespoon melted butter
  • 1 1/4 cup mix
This option was pretty strong on the buttermilk flavor.  Could add 1 teaspoon vanilla next time

Option 2
  • 1 6 oz. container yogurt (I used light cherry)
  • 1 egg (I actually meant to use egg substitute in this version - oops.  1/4 cup)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup mix
I actually added 1/4 cup mix and that made a really thick pancake, but it was good.  I added another 1/4 cup milk and it thinned the pancake, but changed the texture, so I'd try the above mix 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails