Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lemon ice (or Lime ice)

OK, the name of this is lemon ice because in my simple and delicious magazine thatbe is what it is called.  However, I didn't really follow the directions much.  I couldn't find lemon ice or sherbet, just lime, so I improvised.  I also thought that strawberry would go better with lime than rasprry.  I'm actually going to write this how I made it, but I'll put original ideas to the side.
I was worried that the chocolate wouldn't go with this dish, but it was tasty.  Different from my normal ice cream combo and good.

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup strawberry preserves (I actually used 3/8 cup or 6 Tbs or 1/4 c + 2 Tbs --original recipe said raspberry preserves
  • 2 Tablespoons orange juice (I used 3)
  • 1 pint lime sherbet (original called for lemon ice or sherbet)
  • chocolate syrup
Directions
  1. In a small bowl, combine preserves and orange juice.  Spoon into 4 (I made 6) dessert dishes.  Top each with a scoop of sherbet.  Drizzle with chocolate syrup and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails