Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Income Tax Casserole

This recipe comes from a friend of mine through a church cookbook.  Thanks Amie.  It was very much like a roast, and we had just had roast which didn't enthuse me when I started cooking this meal, but this was much better because I chose to eat these left overs and not the roast left overs.  That is always a good way to tell if I really likes something.  The left overs still sound good enough to eat. :)  It was also pretty simple.  That is alway nice, and it made a lot.

Ingredients

  • 2 lbs stew meat.  (I chopped up a roast or something that I had in the freezer.)
  • stew vegetables (I used the following)
    • 4-5 medium potatoes, cut into large chunks (about 2 inches)
    • 4-5 carrots chopped into 1/4ths or so 
    • 1 onion, chopped
    • 3-4 stalks celery, chopped
  • salt and pepper
  • 6 Tablespoons tapioca
  • 1 large can v-8 juice - wasn't sure if they wanted the really big jar, but that is what I got.  Worked fine)
Directions
  1. Put meat into the bottom of a Dutch oven.  Add the stew vegetables.  Salt and pepper everything (I actually added a bit of salt after I put in the meat, and again after I added the veggies.)  
  2. Sprinkle tapioca over everything.  Pour the v-8 ont top.  Cover and bake at 250 for 7 hours.  (I was out of time for that, so I tossed it in my slow cooker and cooked it on high 4 hours or so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails