Friday, February 12, 2010

Chicken and cranberry sauce

Made this last night. It was pretty easy and quick and yummy. Can't beat that. Most of the family liked it. Benjamin didn't like the cranberry sauce. This picture won because it was the only one of the 3 I took that had decent looking jello - the others looked like I had put egg yolks in it.


Ingredient
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
  • 3/4 cups water
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz each) (Mine were more like 8-10 oz so I chopped them in half and pounded the thicker half so they were even thickness.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (I didn't measure this)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper (didn't measure this either)
  • 1 Tablespoon oil (wow, I look like I'm anti-measuring, but I can eyeball 1 Tbs.)
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
Directions
  1. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, water and sugar. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. (I just cooked it until it was 160) Stir syrup into cranberry mixture; server with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails