Monday, February 15, 2010

lime carrots

Here is the side I made with maple pork chops. They were ok. I liked the sauce - not sure I liked it with carrots - don't know exactly what made them only ok. I steamed my carrots rather than microwaving them. Then I made the sauce while the carrots were steaming. I had trouble with the sauce. I will write about that in the directions.


Ingredients
  • 1 lb. baby carrots
  • 2 Tablespoons water
  • 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  • 1 Tablespoon lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
Directions
  1. Place carrots and water in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4 - 6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm. (I just steamed these.)
  2. Place brown sugar and butter in another microwave-safe bowl; cover and cook on high for 30-45 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. (I couldn't get the sugar to dissolve. I kept microwaving it for 30 more seconds, 30 more seconds... finally I added the lime juice and it dissolved in 2 more 30 second rounds, but probably would have been fine after 45 seconds.) Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrots; toss to coat. (I just threw the carrots in the bowl that teh sauce was in and stirred.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails