Friday, November 19, 2010

mozzarella zucchini

I saw this on Jami cooks it up a while back and have wanted to try it, but the last 2 times we've had zucchini it has been as zuchinni pancakes because those are way good.  Today I decided to it finally.  They were good - of course, how can that much mozzarella be bad, but I still prefer the zuchinni pancakes - they are just amazingly good.  These however are  nice and simple.  I felt like the mozzarella went with the Italian theme of the Italian Sausage mashed potato pie I made these to go with.

Ingredients

  • zucchinni (I used 3 medium small ones)
  • garlic herb blend (she used a specific brand I don't know.  I used McCormick which is my favorite for not so spicy - I also have Mrs. Dash but it is a bit more spicy.)
  • shredded mozzarella (enough to nicely cover the top of the zucchini)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Slice zucchini into 1/2 inch rings and place on a large cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with garlic seasoning.
  2. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp tender (don't overdo this.  I left mine in a bit longer than 10 thinking the were too crisp, but then at the end I thought they were a bit overdone.  Remember they will cook a bit more after you put the mozzarella on top, so stop at crisp tender.)
  3. Remove from oven.  Turn oven to Broil.  Sprinkle mozzarella on top of the zucchini and return to oven.  Broil for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned and bubbly on top.  I just watched mine after about 2 minutes because I didn't want them to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails