Sunday, January 15, 2012

peanut butter fudge

Unlike the other peanut butter fudge on this blog, this was not a chocolate fudge with peanut butter.  It was an all peanut butter fudge.  It also came from the little booklet in my food network magazine.  My only beef with this recipe was that the peanuts didn't stick really well to the top of the fudge.  Kind of made it messy.    I think I'd just leave them off next time. (Or stir them in if I really want the crunch.)  The fudge itself was also a tad bit crumbly.  Yummy, but crumbly.  Made it hard to cut into pretty pieces - maybe too much powdered sugar?  My scales may or may not have been broken at the time. - I could have looked up a cup equivalent to the pound of sugar.
The verdict - If feeling like peanut butter fudge, I'd definitely try this again.  It was simple and quick.

Ingredients

  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
  • 1/2 cup chopped peanuts.
Directions
  1. Line an 8 inch square pan with foil.  
  2. Melt the butter and peanut butter in a saucepan.  Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and powdered sugar.  
  3. Spread into the pan.  Press peanuts into the top of the fudge if desired.  Chill until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails