Tuesday, May 1, 2012

cucumber salad

One of my favorite things about my book The Six O'clock scramble is the simple side dishes section at the back.  Often she will have something listed from the back.  They really are super simple.  Probably my favorite thing about them is that when I'm getting super sick of salad but want a raw veggie, simple side for my meal that isn't salad, I can turn there and look for an idea.  This is one of those ideas.  I will share her cucumber salad, and then a cucumber/tomato salad that I made a lot on my mission.  Don't do it anymore, but ate it tons then.

Cucumber salad (#1)

  • 3 cucumbers, seeded and sliced.  
  • 1/4 cup feta
  • about 15 mint leaves, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon honey
Combine in a bowl and serve.  


Cucumber salad (#2 - or with tomatoes)
  •  1-2 cucumbers, seeded and sliced
  • 2-4 tomatoes (depending on size), sliced
  • splash of vinegar (your choice, but even plain works well - especially with the seasoning)
  • garlic mix type seasoning such as Mrs. Dash garlic, garlic and parsley.....
Combine cucumbers and tomatoes on a plate.  Sprinkle with garlic seasoning.  Toss with a splash of vinegar and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails