Sunday, January 17, 2010

Barbecue Chicken pizza

We have made this type of pizza before. I got some extra ideas from my Food Nanny book - like trying smoked Gouda on the pizza. I thought that was good the first day, but definitely didn't reheat well. I also tried her pizza dough recipe. While the kids really liked it, I prefer the Reinhart's doughs that we normally make. The pizza did look pretty though, but the one I took a picture of was under cooked. I ended up putting it back in the oven on the pizza stone for a few extra minutes.



Pizza Dough
  • 1 Tablespoon yeast
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3-4 cups flour (I used 1 cup and a partial cup of wheat, then finished out with white.)
Pizza
  • pre-cooked chicken
  • barbecue sauce
  • shredded smoked Gouda
  • 3 1/2 cups mozzarella
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Directions
  1. Mix yeast and water in a small bowl, cover and let stand until foamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
  2. Mix oil, honey, salt, and yeast in mixing bowl. Mix in 3 cups of flour. If dough seems too wet, mix in more flour, 1/4 cup at a time until the dough is moderately stiff and somewhat firm to the tough. (I'm bad at explaining this, I just know what it should look like. Directions in the book say to mix with a wooden spoon, then knead by hand - I didn't. I mixed it in my mixer with my dough hook until it looked and felt right.)
  3. The recipe says to grease pans and cook the dough on pans, but I don't like that. I actually made one on a pan because it stuck to the pan I was going to use as a pizza peel, but it stuck - it ended up not cooking all the way through. I cooked mine right on the pizza stone. Roll out the dough to the thickness you want. Put on a pizza peel covered with cornmeal.
  4. Spread barbecue sauce on pizza. Sprinkle with mozzarella, chicken, onions and gouda.
  5. Bake at 425 for 8 to 10 minutes on a pizza stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails