Wednesday, October 13, 2010

maple nut bagel spread

This was a super simple cream cheese that I made to go with the pumpkin spice bagels I made this morning.  It is also from the taste of home healthy cooking magazine.  The original recipe called for walnuts and I used pecans, and I didn't toast them.  The spread would be good with or without the nuts.  Didn't make for the prettiest picture with the nuts though.

Ingredients

  • 1 8 oz carton reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
  • 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, bead cream cheese, syrup and cinnamon until smooth.  Stir in pecans.  
I whipped this up, spread it on a few bagels and stored the left overs right back in the cream cheese container.  Definitely way better than any store bought flavored cream cheese I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails