Monday, June 28, 2010

Mediterranean Chicken Wraps

This is a recipe from my sister Karley.  I totally forgot to blog this when I made it.  I was looking through my pictures and there it was with no post.  Oops.  I have 1 more or hers I made that I still need to blog.  I knew I was behind, but I didn't realize how far behind I was.  Aargh.  I know I made some homemade tortillas with this too, but I don't remember what recipe I used anymore.  Oops.
Here is this recipe.  I only remember that it was a bit dry - flavor was good, but it could have cooked less time.   Grant it, I did cut the oil down from 1/2 cup to 1-2 Tablespoons, but it should not have made the meat so dry.  I'm pretty sure that was just from cooking too long.  Something else went wrong with this meal - oh yea, I had no dill for the Tzatziki sauce.  I found a little bit in my garden, but not nearly enough.  That was no good.  It was still an ok meal.  The chicken did have a great flavor, I just wish I would have used chicken thighs or cooked the breasts less time.

Ingredients

  • 2-4 chicken breasts (I think I used 3 pretty large ones)
  • 1/2 cup olive oil  (I only used 1-2 Tablespoon)
  • 1 teaspoon rosemary
  • 1 Tablespoon chicken base or bouillon
  • 2 teaspoons white vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Directions
Cook for 6 hours until done, shred and place back in juices.  (I made it in the crock pot.  Can't remember if I used high or low - probably high for only 5 hours knowing me, but I would definitely watch it closer next time, but I would probably also just use chicken thighs next time.  

Tzatziki sauce Ingredients
  • 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced
  • 1 small plain yogurt
  • 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Serve wrapped in tortillas with lettuce, chopped tomato, feta cheese, etc.  (we didn't have feta.  That would have been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails