Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sour cream Tortillas

I can't believe how quickly I can get behind on typing in my recipes.
Here are the tortillas I used in the previous recipe enchiladas.  They come from the Gourmet Tortillas book I checked out of the library.

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon butter, softened (I may have only used 1 Tablespoon)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 Tablespoons milk
  • water
Directions
  1. Mix dry ingredients together in a bow.  Cut in butter until crumbly.  
  2. Measure sour cream in a 1 cup glass measuring cup - add milk and then enough water to make 7 1/2 ounces (I just did 3/4 cup then added more water as needed.)  
  3. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well adding water or flour as needed to make a soft dough that is not too sticky.
  4. Divide dough into 8-12 balls depending on size of tortillas wanted (I did 10 for the Enchiladas.)
  5. Let rest 15 minutes.
  6. Roll out to desired size and cook on a hot pan or electric skillet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails