Monday, March 21, 2011

Apple dijon pork roast

This is a pork roast from the $5 dinner mom cookbook. (page 166)  Super simple - set it in the crock pot and mix apple juice, apple sauce and dijon mustard and pour it on top. She called for a little water in the bottom of the crock pot but I used apple juice. I was sadly disappointed that this was a bit dry because I had a thermometer in it. When it hit temp I turned it off, but I didn't take it out of the crock and it kept cooking. Lesson learned - take it out next time. Boo. I was very excited that I had actually paid attention.
 
Here it is served.  I added this one because i liked the potatoes served with it.  I just Sauteed them in a Tablespoon or 2 of olive oil with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and a bit of garlic mix, salt and pepper.  I had to add a bit more salt at the end, but I really liked how they turned out.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails