Monday, March 21, 2011

Baked apple brown rice pudding

I'm very proud of the fact that we didn't have cold cereal at all over spring break - homemade breakfast every day. This was yet another recipe I tried. It was pretty good. I followed the recipe except that I doubled it and put it in a 10 X 13 pan. It is also from my $5 dollar dinner mom cookbook. No surprise there lately. :) Page 48.  I'm not sure I'd double it again though.  I had a lot of left overs and they didn't keep well - picked up fridge flavors or something.  I did only have them in the pan covered with plastic wrap.  Maybe a better container would work  better.  I also would have liked it better if it would have been more pudding like.  This wasn't very smooth or anything and the egg seemed to separate and end up mostly on top - not that it tasted like egg or anything.  It really was pretty good day 1.  It may have also been better fresh.  I did make it the night before because it had to cook for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, and it took the longer time in the larger pan.  

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails