Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mandarin chicken salad sandwiches

I tried these for lunch today.  Brandon and I both thought they were ok.  The boys didn't like them.  I only added 1/2 of the ginger it called for, and I would probably half it again if making this again.  Other than that they were fine.  I liked that they had fruit and veggies mixed in.  I served this with a pineapple cole slaw.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 can mandarin oranges, juice reserved (I used a 15 oz. can, but didn't add all of the oranges)
  • 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I'd go less next time)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • a couple of grinds of pepper
  • 8 slices wheat bread (This made more than 4 sandwiches for us -We made only 4, but had left over.)
Directions
  1. Mix mayo, 2 tablespoons reserved mandarin oranges juice, ginger, sesame seeds, garlic powder and pepper in a medium bowl.   Add the celery, chicken and oranges and stir until combined.
  2. Serve as sandwiches on bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails