Monday, March 21, 2011

chili-cornbread cups

These weren't on my menu, but I didn't put whatever I had on my menu in the slow cooker, so I flipped through the book and found these. I decided to sub out the 1-2 Tablespoons chili powder with 1 teaspoon chipotle powder and it was way too spicy for me. I made another chili which was way less spicy, but I was still not impressed with the chili. I did however like the cornbread mixture on top. I doubled it, but I also doubled my chili. If I try these again I would do my 3 bean chili on the bottom and this corn bread on the top. I liked that it had more cornmeal than the recipe I normally make. Oh, I did sub out truvia for the sugar. I used 2 teaspoons of Truvia. OK, I'll post the cornbread recipe.
Here is a link to a picture of her corn bread cups - looks like her chili ended up saucier than mine - that would have been nice as well. The original recipe is on page 146 of the book.
The labels - mostly rating are for the cornbread and not the chili.

Posted by Picasa
Ingredients
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 4 teaspoons truvia
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions 
  1. Just mix it all together and pour over chili - next time I will make these in my larger baking flour pots.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  25 minutes worked for my muffin tins and my smaller flour pots (pictured above)  I think it may take a bit longer for the larger pot, but I guess it would depend on how thick I pour the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails