Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Japanese noodle dinner

6-I made this for dinner a couple of nights ago.  It comes from saving dinner basics which I checked out of the library recently.  I did make some changes which really means I should have typed this up when I made it, but I think we went to the Y and I didn't have time.  I left out 2 Tablespoons of oil in the sauce, and added a bit more noodles, which made it a tiny bit dry (the sauce) I think I'd add a bit of water or something to the sauce next time just to add some more moisture, but other than that it was great.  My other changes were just changes in veggies to have a few more.
This was a super quick meal.  The noodles cooked super quick.  The only thing that took any time was cutting up the veggies, but then it was only a bell pepper and some green onions.  The whole meal was made in under 30 minutes using pre-cooked chicken.
Here is how I made it.

Ingredients

  • 6-8 oz. angel hair pasta (I used 8 for my family, if making for less than 6 people, I'd use only 6)
  • 2 Tablespoons vinegar
  • 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
  • 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon ginger/garlic  (from a jar by the chopped, jarred garlic - its minced ginger and garlic)
  • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 1 sweet pepper (red, yellow or orange) chopped in strips
  • 6 green onions Slices
  • 2 cups broccoli florets (I just used frozen for speed)
  • 1 package pre-cooked chicken (or 1 - 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into stir fry strips)
  • 1/4 cup cashews
Directions
  1. Cook noodles according to package directions.  Drain and set aside.
  2. In a small bowl combine vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger/garlic, (and possibly 1-2 Tablespoons of water if using 8 oz. of noodles)
  3. In a large skillet or wok, heat vegetable and sesame oil over medium high heat.  Add veggies - cook and stir until crisp tender.  Add pre-cooked chicken and cook for a minute or 2 to heat through(If using regular, take out the veggies and cook the chicken, then add the veggies back in and warm them back up.)  
  4. Add the noodles and sauce.  Heat through.  Serve on individual plates.  Sprinkle with cashews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails