Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pineapple coleslaw

This is the cole slaw that I tried with our lunch.  It was pretty good.  I didn't add salt that the original called for, and I changed directions to only use 1 bowl.
I liked this cole slaw.  It was different.  I thought it had a great fresh taste, and was nice and sweet since it had no vinegar in it.  I liked that.  Wonderful quick side for a different veggie.

Ingredients

  • 1 bag (14 oz.) coleslaw mix (mine was 16 oz. - I just didn't use it all - didn't want it to be dry - probably could have used it all - it got juicier as it sat.)
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained, juices reserved
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 Tablespoon lime juice (1 small lime)
  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • Pepper
Directions
  1. In a medium-large mixing bowl, mix pineapple, mayo, lime juice, sugar, and 4 Tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice and pepper.  Add coleslaw mix.  Stir to combine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails