You can certainly be more traditional and not shred the chicken and serve it over rice. I made it into a casserole because we had already eaten a lot of rice that week.
- 1 can (15 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Thai red curry paste (I lowered this, but then upped the coconut milk, I'd go back up to 2 Tablespoons if making this the same way again.)
- 1 Tablespoon instant tapioca
- salt and pepper
- 1 package bone-in split chicken breasts, trimmed (I also skinned them.)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- about 12 oz noodles of choice (we used up some bowties and some other macaroni)
- Whisk 1/2 cup coconut milk, curry paste, tapioca, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in slow cooker. Roll chicken in mixture and cook in slow cooker 3-4 hours on high (until super tender and shredable.)
- When Chicken is tender, cook noodles according to package directions. Microwave asparagus and oil in a bowl for 5 minutes, stirring mid way through cooking. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred.
- Add remaining coconut milk, lime juice and fish sauce to sauce still in slow cooker. Heat through. Add shredded, chicken, asparagus, noodles and cilantro. Stir to combine and serve.