Since I wasn't really allowed to help much, these got taken off the kabobs before I could get a picture. I had also bought 2 plantains which we grilled. I would have sliced them into long slices and grilled them, but DH sliced them in skinny slices and skewered them like the rest of the food.
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 1/2 pounds) cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes (DH cooked and didn't use these - we even have some in the garden :(
- 1 large red onion (he didn't use this either.)
- 1 medium green pepper (he used a yellow and a red)
- 1 yellow summer squash (he used 2)
- 1 medium zucchini (he used 2)
- In a small bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Place half of the marinade in a large zip top bag. Add the beef, seal bag and turn to coat.
- Pour remaining marinade into another large zip top bag. Add tomatoes. Cut remaining veggies into 1 inch pieces. Add to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and veggies for at least 2 hours.
- Coat grill with cooking spray. Heat grill. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Drain and keep marinade from veggie to use as baste.
- Thread meat and veggies on skewers. Grill covered over medium heat for 10-15 minutes basting frequently with reserved marinade.