Friday, May 28, 2010

Lemon Bread sticks

So, after much debate, I finally got a new bosch mixer. I wanted to try it out making bread, and wanted to do more than a single loaf because after all, if I have a mixer that can actually handle it why not. However, I didn't want 2 loaves of bread really. So, I decided to make bread sticks. The salad and the pasta I made (previous 2 recipes) were both of a lemon theme, so I kept with that on these breadsticks. I doubled my favorite bread recipe, then used 1/2 of the dough to make a loaf of bread. The other half I rolled out to 1/8-1/4 inch thick. It was a decent size rectangle, so I cut it in half, then I cut each half into strips about an inch wide. I made 1/2 savory and the other half just a little bit sweet.
For the savory 1/2, I juiced a lemon, then brushed each bread stick with lemon juice. Then I sprinkled them with garlic mix. (The one I have now is McCormick perfect pinch, which was good for these, but normally I like Mrs. Dash garlic and herb my grocery store has just been out lately.) Then I twisted them twice and put them on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.

For the a little sweet ones, I used the remaining lemon juice, added a tiny bit of splenda (less than a teaspoon, but I can't remember exactly how much, nor did I measure) I then brushed the remaining bread sticks with that lemon juice mixture and twisted them more than 2 times (they ended up making a tinier longer bread stick-I had wanted the 2 types to look a bit different.)

Here's the completed meal for this day.
Bake at 375 for about 18 minutes trading shelves about 1/2 way through cooking. (I did 20 and it was a bit too long. I had meant to check them earlier, but was making way too many things this evening to keep up with it all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails