- 3 15 oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken stock (could use vegetable stock to be vegetarian)
- 1 16 oz. jar peach salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- optional toppings - I used sour cream and lime today, but may try cheddar cheese next time. I also think it would be good with some green onions on top.
- Put 2 cans of black beans, the chicken stock, about 1/3 of the peach salsa and the cumin in a blender and puree. (I rinsed all of my beans together and added about 2/3 because that looked like about how many I wanted left as chunks - do what looks good to you. You can blend all of the salsa and all of the beans, but I really wanted the chunks. There were nice chunks of peaches in my salsa, not to mention I wanted to feel like I ate lunch, not just drank it.)
- Pour into a large bowl with a lid, add remaining beans and salsa and stir. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (more would be better, but like I said, I think I would actually just simmer this if I did it again.)
- When ready to eat, remove from fridge, stir to blend, and either heat on the stove or microwave. Sprinkle with whatever toppings you would like.