Monday, May 3, 2010

cheesy soy veggie wrap

This is my modification of Hungry girl's cheesy beefy supreme wrap.  I don't think it needed the laughing cow.  Not sure what it added, and I don't know how she got 30 g of protein and 8 grams of fiber even with added veggies and a plus taco shell that has more protein and fiber I only ended up with 27.5 g of protein and 6 g of fiber.  My calories were higher with the added ingredients, but still were 339.  The only other things I did were use less taco seasoning, more taco sauce, change the directions..
If I make this again, I think I would leave out the laughing cow and add more cheese possibly.  I would definitely add the veggies again.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup ground beef style soy crumbles
  • 1/2 wedge The Laughing Cow light swiss cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon taco seasoing
  • 1 Tablespoon taco sauce, divided
  • 1 flour tortilla (I recommend a pretty large one.  Mine had 130 cal.)
  • 1/3 cup shredded fat free cheddar
  • 1/3 cup corn
  • 1/3 medium sweet pepper diced (mine was orange today.)
  • 1 Tablespoon fat free sour cream
Directions
  1. Place soy crumbles, cheese wedge half and taco seasoning in a bowl, breaking cheese into pieces as you add it.  Microwave for 1 minute.  Add 1/2 Tablespoon taco sauce, stir and set aside.
  2. Put tortilla on a plate, top with soy crumble mixture, corn, and cheddar cheese.  Microwave 40 seconds or until shredded cheese begins to melt. 
  3. Top with sweet pepper, 1/2 Tablespoon taco sauce and sour cream.
  4. Wrap the best you can.  Mine ended up looking more like a taco.  It was way full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails