Saturday, May 29, 2010

stroganoff

I made stroganoff this week using my mom's recipe because that is my favorite for stroganoff.  Unfortunately, I forgot that none of the kids like stroganoff.  I also didn't like this recipe as much as I thought.  I think it needed more Worcestershire sauce.  However, I peppered it and it was much better.  I would add more worcestershire sauce next time, and pepper to the sauce.  I only give it 3 stars, but I think with more worcestershire and pepper, it would be 4 star.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground beef or steak cut into strips (it is better with steak, but can be made with hamburger for a quick meal.  I used sirloin this week.)
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 Tablespoons ketchup (I never measure this)
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (I actually measured and would put at least 3 next time)
  • I didn't add pepper this time, but I would add at least 1/2 teaspoon next time.
  • 1 package egg noodles (I used 12 oz, but 16 would have been ok.) 
Directions
  1. Cook noodles according to package directions.  
  2. While noodles are cooking, spray a frying pan with cooking spray and brown steak (or ground beef) and onions.  Add garlic.  When beef is cooked, drain fat if necessary and add soup, sour cream, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.  Simmer while waiting for noodles to finish cooking.
  3. Drain noodles and add to sauce.  Stir to combine.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails