Friday, May 28, 2010

Tender Grilled pork chops

I'm so behind in posting this week. My internet was down for 2 days. Of course this was on a week that I had recipes from blogs planned, and 3 dinner no less. It made life interesting. Thank goodness for my iphone. It let me look at my recipes. However, it didn't let me blog. Now I'm so far behind I don't know where to start so of course, I just took a third day off. Good idea huh?
Anyway, I still have this recipe up on a tab in my computer, so I figure I haven't posted it yet. I found this recipe on mel's kitchen cafe. I followed the recipe mostly except that I used 5 or 6 pork chops not 4 so I could feed everyone and added 1/2 Tablespoon of soy sauce for a tiny bit more marinade. They were really good. (no left overs and there was a whole chop left before seconds.)

Ingredients
  • 5-6 boneless pork loin chops (1 1/2 to 2 lbs)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon steak seasoning (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning or check the link above for a recipe to make your own.)
Mix olive oil, soy sauce and steak seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and pour into a one-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the pork chops and set the bag in a baking dish in a way that the pork chops get a healthy dose of the marinade ( flip the bag over halfway through the marinating time). Marinate in the refrigerator for 3-8 hours (no more than 8). Heat the grill to medium and grill the chops 6-8 minutes per side (depending on how thick they are) until they are no longer pink in the center. (The recipe on the web site linked above has you tent them after they cook and slice them. I didn't, but you could if you wanted to. I was busy making sides and just didn't bother with it. The chops were juicy and tasty as they were.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails