Sunday, May 16, 2010

Breakfast bowl

This recipe is adapted from Hungry girl's big bowl of breakfast.  Personally I'm not a fan of eggs so I needed some extra flavor in my eggs.  I also had no Canadian bacon so I subbed out turkey bacon.  I also wanted to make sure I had my milk serving in the bowl so I added extra cheese.  Before the taco sauce, I still would only have rated it 3 star - not enough flavor, but after taco sauce, it can move to a 4.   I had it with a cup of oj for a complete, filling, nutritious breakfast.   This is my adaptation of the recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1 tray frozen Green Giant Just for One Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
  • 3/4 cup egg substitute
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning (that's a guess, I didn't measure)
  • 3/4 cup potatoes O'Brien
  • 2 slices turkey bacon
  • 1/4 cup fat free cheddar
  • taco sauce
Directions
  1. Prepare broccoli according to package instructions.  Set aside.
  2. Cook turkey bacon in a skillet until crisp.  Remove from pan and crumble.  Mix garlic and herb seasoning with egg substitute.  Cook in skillet.   When done move to a microwave safe bowl.
  3. Spray skillet with non-stick spray and cook potatoes for 4-5 minutes until thawed and lightly browned.
  4. Add potatoes, broccoli, and bacon to the eggs bowl and mix.  Top with cheese.
  5. Microwave for 30-45 seconds until cheese has melted.  Serve with taco sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails