Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Turkey bean burgers

x
The original of this recipe is from taste of home's simple and delicious magazine.  I changed things around to make more than 4 burgers.  They were tasty, but they fell apart when cooked.  That is probably totally my fault because the original recipe called for an egg white and I subbed out egg substitute.  Next time I'd use 1 egg for this amount to see if that helped the staying together problem.)  I liked that they had hidden veggies in them.  DH even said he would have never known they had zucchini in them had he not read the recipe and watched me make the burgers.  That is saying something because he doesn't like zucchini.

Ingredients

  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup shredded zucchini
  • 1 cup finely chopped sweet pepper (I think I used orange)
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1.25 lb. ground turkey (lean)
Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, coarsely mash beans.  Add the egg, zucchini, red pepper, and spices and turkey.  Mix together and form into 6 patties.
  2. Grill on the barbecue for 4-5 minutes on each side or until internal temp. of 165.  Serve on buns with lettuce and onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails