Wednesday, May 5, 2010

slow cooked meat loaf

I actually made this yesterday but we haven't eaten it yet because I forgot we had an awards thing to go to which turned out to be dinner.  I cleaned out my small slow cooker and refilled it  with slow cooked mac 'n cheese tonight.  That is the best home made mac 'n cheese I've had, and it is light for a mac 'n cheese.  Can't wait for dinner tonight.  Hoping the meatloaf is equally as good.  Both of these recipes are slow cookers that only take 3 hours to cook.  Kind of a nice option.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup soft bread crumbs (I used 4 pieces of toast, crumbled in the blender)
  • 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
  • 1 egg lightly beaten
  • 2 Tablespoons minced onion (I didn't have any so I used some onion powder.)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 lbs lean ground beef (I had 2.25 of ground sirloin)
Directions
  1. The recipe had you line your crock pot by making 4 20" x 3" strips of foil placing them in the crock pot  crisscross so they look like the spokes of a wheel.  It still seeped through the foil, but it made it really easy to remove.
  2. Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a large bowl. Mix together and form into a loaf.  Place in the slow cooker.
  3. Top with remaining sauce.  Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until internal temp of 160.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails