Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chicken and fruit salad

This recipe comes from the newest taste of home magazine.  I changed it some.  First I didn't want such a mustard flavor so I subbed out 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard for a full Tablespoon of spicy brown.  I also for some reason had no ground ginger.  I didn't realize I was out.  I put a tiny sprinkle (I mean tiny, just the smallest sprinkle) of pumpkin pie spice.  It was ok.  I was definitely glad I didn't add the extra mustard.  I also used my pre-cooked chicken rather than the turkey it originally called for.  The tuna salad from the other day was way better, but I'm not a mustard fan.
I served this with a chicken version of rice pilaf which I wrote about in the comments of this post.  Also only ok.

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt (I used greek)
  • 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayo
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1/8 teaspoon ginger (like I said, didn't have this, but would like to have tried it, so I'm putting it here.)
  • 3 cups precooked chicken
  • 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
  • 1 large red apple, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (I didn't take time to toast these.
Directions
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium large bowl.  Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat.  Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails