Saturday, May 1, 2010

Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

This is my first real experiment changing up a cookie recipe.  I must be getting really brave.  The original is from the Nestle cookie book that I love.  I was going for a lighter recipe, but not so light that I lost the texture of the cookie.  I swapped some peanut butter for regular butter, used egg substitute, and used less mini chips rather than lots of regular sized chips.  I also added some cocoa powder to make up for the missing chips.  They turned out great -- to good really, I've eaten way too many.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (It may have been a Tablespoon. I remember 1 Tablespoon, but wrote 1 teaspoon in the recipe book. Not enough to make them brown, or take over the cinnamon flavor.)
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup egg substitute
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Cream butter and sugars in another bowl. Beat in egg substitute and vanilla.  Gradually add flour mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop by Tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Press down slightly to flatten.
  3.  Bake at 375 for 9 minutes.  Let stand for 4 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to cooling racks.
I made 32 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails