Saturday, May 1, 2010

Italian-style bacon alfredo bowl

This original recipe comes from Hungry Girl's new book.  I changed it up because I didn't want mushrooms, I didn't have enough jarred roasted red peppers, and I didn't want as much parmesan as it called for.  Next time I would also some sauteed onion to the bowl, and possibly some garlic.  Oh yea, we also didn't have tofu noodles, and I used real bacon rather than precooked crumbled.   DH made the same thing, but he added mushrooms and sauteed his yellow pepper.   Here is how I made it.









Ingredients
  • 1/3-1/2 cup cooked noodles (we used bow tie)
  • 1 Tablespoon fat free sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan (DH used 2 teaspoons)
  • 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light original swiss cheese
  • 3 oz. precooked chicken
  • 1 Tablespoon jarred roasted red peppers (I wouldn't need this next time, but we had it this time)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup chopped sweet pepper (yellow, orange or red)
  • (For next time definitely add 2 Tablespoons chopped onion and 1 clove garlic, minced)
  • salt and pepper to taste - I didn't think it needed much salt because of the bacon, I did like it with a few grinds of pepper.  DH liked it with more of both salt and pepper
  • 1/2 slice bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled.
Directions
  1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients except bacon in a bowl.  When noodles finish cooking, drain, and add them to the bowl while still warm.  Stir to combine.  (Warm noodles should help melt the swiss cheese enough to make a nice sauce.  
  3. Sprinkle with bacon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails