Here is how to make it.
- 4 cups diced/smashed peaches (you want a few chunks. I just smashed mine with my hands today. That way I was really in control of the amount of mash and the amount of chunks. I think this was 10 medium to large peaches for me today.)
- 5 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Dash cinnamon - 1/8-1/4 teaspoon - maybe up to 1/2 depending on how subtle you want the flavor and what type of cinnamon you are using. (I used saigon cinnamon and only used 1/8-1/4 teaspoon yesterday and it was plenty)
- 1 package pectin
- Enough jars, rings and lids for about 7 cups of jam.
- Wash glass jars and rings. Place lids in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave in the water until ready to use.
- Smash/dice the peaches to your liking. (see note above) Place in a large pot. Place sugar in a large bowl and set aside to have it ready.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon butter and the package of pectin to the pot of peaches. Stir. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Quickly stir in sugar. Return mix to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add cinnamon and stir in. Ladle into glass jars to within 1/8 inch of the top. Wipe the rim of the glass if any jam got on it. Place the lid on the top. Screw the ring onto the lid and flip the jar over. Continue until you are out of jam. Let jam sit for 30 min or so and check to make sure they have sealed. If not, you have to do a hot water bath. (directions are in the package - basically place in a pot of boiling water that covers the jar and boil. (I don't remember how long because all of mine sealed.) If that does not resolve the problem, you have to store that jar in the fridge.