Sunday, June 20, 2010

Baked Citrus fish

This weekend has been a bit on the crazy side.  We have Father's day today, plus Duncan's birthday and our anniversary tomorrow, but DH is going out of town tomorrow, so we have been trying to celebrate everything early-before he is gone.  Since food is a big part of these celebrations (at least at our house) it has made for a big cooking weekend.  We started with birthday dinner on Friday night because that was when it fit into the whole schedule.  Duncan of course wanted fish.  He chose Salmon, and he chose this citrus fish recipe.  It comes from the saving dinner book.  Great book - just lacking in pictures, but tons of recipes.  I sometimes add spices to them, but in this case, I actually left the cilantro out.  The great thing about this recipe is that it was super easy - which was nice since DH decided to go help someone move, and I was headed out with friends.


Ingredients

  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1/3 cup orange juice (I was a little shy - I squeezed 1 orange)
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 6 fish fillets (we used salmon - about 1.5 lbs.)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • chopped cilantro if desired
Directions
  1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter.  Add citrus juices.  Heat until well blended.
  2. Heat oven to 400.  In a 9 X 13 pan, arrange fish fillets.  Salt and pepper the fish to your taste.  Poru the sauce over the fish and bake uncovered until the fish flakes easily with a fork about 8-12 minutes (this was more like 15-18 for me, but I was roasting asparagus in the same oven, so I think that made it take longer.)  Serve with lemon wedges made from the other half of your lemon (forgot to do that.)  Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
I served this with twice baked potatoes which I changed a bit from how I posted them originally -see comments in the recipe.  I also grilled some asparagus by melting about 1 Tablespoon butter in a 9 X 13 pan, then I took it out of the oven, added the asparagus, tossed to coat it in butter, sprinkled it with salt, pepper, and garlic blend and tossed it back in the oven with the fish until it was tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails