Saturday, June 12, 2010

taco salad

I got this idea for taco salad from the Hungry girl book I checked out of the library.  It was great for a quick, easy, healthy taco salad for 1.  I didn't measure any of the ingredients, just added what looked good.    I'm also including my favorite recipe for taco salad.  It is delicious.  I actually never have seen a recipe for it, but one day at a team meeting a few years ago, my teaching partner made it.  Sorry, no real measures there, add as much as you like to taste.







Quick Taco salad Ingredients

  • lettuce (about 3 cups, but I didn't measure.)
  • 1/2-2/3 cup low-fat turkey chili with beans
  • cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
  • shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
  • baked tortilla chips (I only used about 5)
  • fat free sour cream (1-2 Tablespoons)
  • diced sweet red pepper
  • cumin
Directions
  1. Heat chili in microwave - but not too hot.  Arrange Ingredients on a plate.  I sprinkled the cumin on my sour cream.  I took a picture of it like that, but mixed it all together to eat it.
Taco salad for a crowd ingredients
  • Lettuce (lots, but not sure exactly how much, been a while since I made it.) 
  • pre-cooked beef (or 1 lb ground beef.)
  • taco seasoning packet
  • purple onion, diced (add as much of little as you like)
  • 1 can ranch style beans
  • Catalina dressing
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • crushed tortilla chips
  • olives (if desired)
Directions
Make beef - following taco seasoning packet instructions.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.  Toss to mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails