Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grilled Salmon with Fresh lime cream

This was a recipe picked by Duncan this week.  He is our fish Lover around here, so of course his meal was fish.  It is from the same old Betty crocker magazine as the previous post salad.  (wow, looking at the recipe again, I just realized that I was supposed to have added some oil, dill and salt - oops.)  Other than the fact that I burned these, they were delicious.  Really, the burned part wasn't all that bad either.  I guess if you want more flavor, you could add 2 teaspoons of oil and a teaspoon of dried dill, but they were tasty as honey lime salmon.
this is how I made them.


Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1 1/2 lb (I actually used 1 3/4 lb) salmon fillets, cut into 6 pieces)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (I didn't use this)
Cream ingredients
  • 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayo
  • 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
  • 2 teaspoons lime juice
Directions
  1. In an 8 inch square baking dish, mix 1 teaspoon lime peal, 1/4 cup lime juice and honey.  Add fish, turning to coat (Recipe says to leave it skin side up, but I always skin mine - I have better luck cooking it skinned.)  Cover and refrigerate to marinate.  I then went out and started the coals for the grill.  The fish marinated while the coals heated.
  2. Here is where I was supposed to sprinkle the fish with salt - oops.  Place skin side down on grill (I had no skin, so I probably should have lowered my coals even more than I did.)  Grill over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
  3. Meanwhile, mix cream ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.  Serve with fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails