Friday, November 19, 2010

Chicken with oregano-peach sauce

This was a pretty quick and easy chicken to prepare.  The recipe comes from a 2009 Betty crocker magazine that I have.  My only editing was to substitute red wine vinegar for raspberry vinegar, and change up the garlic spices a bit. While I really would have liked to try the raspberry vinegar, I didn't have any, and I didn't buy any, so I used what I had.  It was still plenty tasty.  Loved the peach/vinegar dip.  I was lazy again and didn't want to go out and wait for charcoal to heat up so I pan fried this instead of grilled.  Would have been better grilled I'm sure, but it was still good pan fried.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup peach preserves (I used some homemade that had a bit of cinnamon in it.)
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (I used 1 teaspoon dried)
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb.  I had 3 that were a bit more than 1.25 lb.  I cut them all in half.)
  • garlic herb blend 
  • salt and pepper
Directions
  1. Heat gas or charcoal grill.  In a small saucepan, heat preserves and vinegar to boiling, stirring constantly, until preserves are melted.  Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into a small bowl for brushing on chicken.  Stir oregano into remaining mixture and reserve to serve with chicken.
  2. Sprinkle chicken with garlic seasoning, salt and pepper; place on grill (or pan fry if lazy like me.)  Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat, turning once and brushing with preserves mixture during last 10 minutes of grilling.  Done when juices run clear or 165 on thermometer. 
  3. Serve with reserved preserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails