Monday, August 30, 2010

Crunchy Tuna Salad

I made this salad for lunch on Saturday.  It was a great salad.  I don't think I've ever made a tuna salad that was just a salad, not a sandwich.  This recipe came from my simple and delicious magazine.  I did alter some things to make it a bit healthier. (used light mayo, fat free sour cream, red leaf lettuce rather than iceburg, and cut down on the chow mein noodles.)  It was still very tasty.

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I used reduced fat)
  • 1/3 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
  • 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 head lettuce (I used red leaf today.)
  • 1 can (12 oz.) tuna, drained and flaked (I used 2 5 oz. cans, but I think the bit more tuna would be good.)
  • 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (I used petite peas and just rinsed them in warm water.)
  •  Chow mein noodles
Directions
  1. In a small bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.  In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tuna and peas.  Add mayonnaise mixture and  toss to coat.  Serve on individual plates.  Sprinkle with chow mein noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails