Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bacon-Chicken club pizza

We've decided to have pizza more often because everyone likes it.  However, in sticking with my -don't repeat the same foods in a month routine, I've been looking for different types of pizzas to try.  Sunday we tried way to many new things for one day.  Luckily, we had started some of the stuff the night before.  We had just run out of time and decided to finish it for Sunday dinner.
First, Brandon decided to make some homemade Italian sausage.  (recipe to follow.)  We decided to try that on a new type of crust.  It was supposed to be the thinnest you can make.  Basically you make a large pita, cut it in half,(into 2 rounds) and then use 1/2 the pita as the crust.  It wasn't either of our favorite crusts, so I'm not posting more about that.  It was good, but we like Roman dough better.  We topped that crust with our regular sauce, and either mozzarella, homemade sausage and/or pineapple.
Along with that I decided to try a non red sauce pizza.  It is from my simple and delicious magazine.  However, it calls for a prebaked 12 inch pizza crust.  I tried a new crust recipe that I found on the sisterscafe.  It was a bit thick for my liking normally, but I think it paired well with this particular pizza because it was a hefty pizza with lots of toppings.  I'll write the pizza recipe followed by the crust I used.

Ingredients

  • 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust (can use recipe below.  I cooked it for 3-5 minutes before adding toppings)
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened (I used neufchatel)
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (I used my pre-cooked)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (ended up using white cheddar here)
  • 8 slices ready to serve bacon (Fried my own, but would be quicker to use pre-cooked)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream (fat free)
  • 3 Tablespoons milk (I used skim)
  • 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
  • 1 cup shredded lettuce
  • 1 plum tomato, chopped
Directions
  1. Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan (we put it on our pizza peel and baked it on our pizza stone at 550 for only 5 more minutes)  Combine cream cheese and shallot;  spread over crust.  Top with chicken, cheeses and bacon.  
  2. Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
  3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, milk and dressing mix.  
  4. Sprinkle lettuce and tomato over pizza; drizzle with dressing.

Pizza crust Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups very warm water
  • 1 Tb sugar
  • 1 scant Tb yeast
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 Tb olive oil
  • 4 cups flour
Directions
  1. In a large mixing bowl dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water - let sit for 10 minutes. Foam should form on top. Whisk in salt, olive oil and 1 cup flour. Whisk in 2nd cup of flour. At this point put on dough hook and turn mixer in low as you add the last 2 cups of flour. (I just used the same dough attachment on my bosch for all of it.) If your dough is too sticky, add flour a little bit at a time until dough forms a ball. Knead for 5 minutes. (Or 10 minutes by hand) Place dough in oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise for an hour in a warm place until double in size. Punch down dough and divide into 2 parts. Each half will make a 12 inch pizza. If you only want to make one pizza now, then put other dough ball in an oiled freezer bag and pop in the freezer for another day! Allow dough to rest for 15 minutes then roll out.
Note:  I found t his dough to be a tad sticky, but not unmanageably so.  I did not add any extra flour because it did gather together in a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails