Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jalapeño avocado salad

I really liked this salad.  The dressing had a very strong lime flavor, but I really liked that.  It made the avocado edible.  (Normally I don't like it unless it is spiced up and smashed in guacamole.)  I did cut down on the onion and only used 1 jalapeño.  I think I'd add back in the second jalapeño, but not more onion if making this again.

Ingredients

  • 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
  • 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (I used only 3-4 rings of a large)
  • 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped (I only used one, but would use 2 next time)
  • 1 cup lime juice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 8 cups torn salad greens
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine the avocados, tomatoes, onion, jalapeños and lime juice; let stand for 5 minutes.  Drain, reserving 1/3 cup juice.  Stir sugar into reserved juice;  add to avocado mixture.  Place greens in a salad bowl;  add avocado mix and toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails