Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Nutty Maple muffins

I actually found 3 different breakfast recipes that I wanted to try while flipping through my simple and delicious magazine last week.  This is the second one I have tried.  I liked this better than the ABC Melt (speaking of which, I think I forgot to post that.)  I'm getting behind.
I did make some substitutions from the original recipe, but they still turned out well.  The texture was different with the flakes from the cereal.  I've not made a muffin like that before.  Pictures didn't turn out well.  Sorry.


Ingredients

  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup sour cream (I used part fat free and part light)
  • 1 cup maple syrup.  I use about 3/4 cup sugar free and the rest light
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 2 1/2 cup Oatmeal Crisp Almond cereal - I used a store brand of honey bunches of oats
  • 1 1/3 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2/3 cup chopped pecans
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, syrup and oil; stir in cereal.  Let stand for 5 minutes.  In another large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and baking soda.  Line muffin tins with wrappers or spray with cooking spray.  
  2. Stir flour into the sour cream mixture just until moistened.  Fold in pecans.  
  3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.  (18 muffins)  Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (they took the full 22 for me.)  Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails