Tuesday, September 7, 2010

ABC melt

This was a simple breakfast for something new and different.  It is from simple and delicious magazine.  The original recipe called for swiss cheese.  We used white cheddar, but you could use anything.  I'm not a mustard fan, but I liked the tang that the mustard gave this.  I'm pretty suer I wouldn't have liked it with swiss cheese - a little too much tang.
Yet another thing Brandon made - sounds like I don't cook anymore.  Hmm.  I probably would have added a bit more apple and made them a bit more like the picture in the book with the apples layered a bit differently, but presentation isn't everything if the food tastes good right?

Ingredients

  • English muffins, split and toasted.  
  • mustard
  • 2 slices of Canadian bacon per English muffin
  • 1 -2 apples thinly sliced 
  • 2 slices of cheese per English muffin (we used white cheddar)
Directions
  1. Place muffin halves, cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet.  Spread with mustard.  Layer with canadian bacon, apple slices and cheese.  Bake at 350 for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails