Friday, September 17, 2010

cake batter ice cream

My husband got me into this bad habit of eating ice cream everyday.  This past week I decided not to buy ice cream and to make it instead, so we've tried out multiple recipes lately.
I must say, this has to be one of the easiest ice cream recipes I have ever tried.  It was super tasty because it tastes like cake batter.  I thought it was odd because it seemed to have a powdery feel to it.  Maybe if I let it soak in the milk.  I found the recipe here.  She had used skim milk, but the place she found the recipe used 2 %. I used 1 cup of skim, 1 cup of whole.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup cool whip (I used lite)
  • 2 cups milk (I used 1 cup skim, 1 cup whole)
  • 1 cup cake mix (I used yellow)
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.  Pour into ice cream mixer and freeze according to manufacturers directions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails