Monday, November 9, 2009

Spaghetti


This is my recipe for marinara/whatever I turn it into sauce. Today it was spaghetti sauce. I'm writing how I made it today.

Ingredients

  • 1 lb cooked ground beef (I use my pre-cooked.)
  • 1 large onion
  • 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped -4 tsp of the predone minced garlic - love that stuff!
  • 2 (28 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
  • 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon each of Basil, oregano, and thyme
  • 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and rosemary
  • 3 bay leaves
  • pinch of marjoram
Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5. Serve with noodles.

I make this different just about every time I make it. Many times I have Italian seasoning that I use instead of the other seasonings. I almost always add a little extra thyme and oregano. I don't alway put bay leaves in it. If you like it spicier try adding some dried red peppers while it cooks. My mom uses them in her spaghetti, but I find this recipe to be just the right amount of spicy without them since it has onion and pepper though. Sometimes I also add sausage. I have made it without any meat as well (that is actually how the original recipe was.)

1 comment:

  1. 3/2/10 Today's mix of spices = 1 Tbs oregano, Thyme, Basil and Italian seasoning; 1 tsp of salt and pepper.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails