This is my recipe for marinara/whatever I turn it into sauce. Today it was spaghetti sauce. I'm writing how I made it today.
- 1 lb cooked ground beef (I use my pre-cooked.)
- 1 large onion
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped -4 tsp of the predone minced garlic - love that stuff!
- 2 (28 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon each of Basil, oregano, and thyme
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- pinch of marjoram
I make this different just about every time I make it. Many times I have Italian seasoning that I use instead of the other seasonings. I almost always add a little extra thyme and oregano. I don't alway put bay leaves in it. If you like it spicier try adding some dried red peppers while it cooks. My mom uses them in her spaghetti, but I find this recipe to be just the right amount of spicy without them since it has onion and pepper though. Sometimes I also add sausage. I have made it without any meat as well (that is actually how the original recipe was.)