Saturday, November 14, 2009

Home-Style Chicken and Corn

This is another one that has yum written on the page. It comes from Betty Crocker's Nov. '03 recipe book as do most of my dinner recipes this week.

Ingredients

  • 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
  • 8 chicken legs (about 2 lbs)
  • 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced
  • 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 8 half-ears frozen corn on the cob
  • 1 bag (1 lb 4 oz) refrigerated new potato wedges. (I just buy my own and chop)
Directions

1. Melt butter in a 4 quart nonstick dutch oven over high heat. Cook chicken, onion, 1/2 teaspoon of the seasoned salt and the pepper in butter 10 to 15 minutes, turning chicken occasionally until chicken is light golden brown. Stir onions to side if they start to burn.
2. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add water, corn and potatoes to pot. Sprinkle with remaining seasoned salt. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
3. Remove chicken and corn to serving platter using tongs. Gently stir potatoes with onions and pan juices; spoon onto serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley.
4 servings

I used 12 chicken legs (I think - maybe 13 - however many were in the package.) I also used all 12 of the corn on the cobs. I should have used my full 2 lbs of potatoes but it was late and I didn't want dinner to be any later while I cut more potatoes. All of that food wouldn't fit in my large pot, so I moved 1/2 over to a very large frying pan that I have. The onions burned a bit in the frying pan one, but other than that it was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails