Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pulled pork tacos (mole style)

Tuesday night is always slow cooker night at our house because I teach piano lessons, so I'm always trying something new in the slow cooker. I found this recipe on yet another blog. It is from real simple. I did not use as much chili powder as they called for knowing my family doesn't like things too spicy. I also topped it with different fixings. Below is the way I made it. It was good.



2 cups salsa, plus more for serving (make sure it's like Pace or something, not the fresh stuff)
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 pounds of pork loin

For serving:
Tortillas
Sour cream
Fresh lime (had this and forgot to use it. Darn)
Tomatoes
lettuce
cheese

Directions:
Combine salsa, chili powder, oregano, cocoa, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pork and coat with the sauce. Cook on high for four to five hours or on low for seven to eight hours. Shred meat with two forks before serving. Serve on warm tortillas and top with whatever you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails