Monday, November 9, 2009

Pork Lo Mein

This is another recipe I found at allrecipes.com. I chose it because I wanted to try the black bean and garlic sauce. I altered it and used pork because we had just had chicken something the day before. I also used different pasta and veggies than the poster at allrecipes. This is how I made it. As it was I'd probably only give it 2-3 stars. It seemed to be lacking something. I sprinkled mine with some garlic salt and peanuts and that helped bring it up to 4 stars for me. DS2 loved it just the way it was. Here is the way I made it. Next time I will probably add more soy sauce and possibly more black bean and garlic sauce, or add garlic salt to the mix.
For some strange reason I did not make the entire package of noodles, so I didn't mix the noodles and the sauce. I just served it on top. My picture is before I decided it needed peanuts.


Ingredients
  • 1 (16 ounce) package linguine noodles
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
  • 4 pork loin chops cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 3 carrots, sliced
  • 3 stalks celery, sliced
  • 1-2 cups snow peas
  • 6 green onions, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons Chinese black bean and garlic sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • peanuts
Directions
  1. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the pasta, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, 9 to 10 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then add pork. Cook and stir chicken until no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes; set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat and mix in carrots, celery, and green onion and peas. Cook and stir until tender yet still crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Mix in Chinese black bean and garlic sauce; cook and stir for another minute. In a separate bowl, mix chicken broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch; add sesame oil. Pour mixture over vegetables and simmer until thickened. Toss in drained pasta, stirring until well-coated and heated through.
  4. Serve sprinkled with peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails