Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spinach & Cheese Ravioli in a Tomato Tapenade with Green Beans

Recipe #1 out of the new cookbook. This was picked for speed today. It was very quick, and yummy. I could not fine the spinach and cheese ravioli that it called for in the refrigerator section. I did find spinach and cheese tortellini in the freezer section. I only bought 1 package (which is actually the amount called for in the recipe, but I knew I'd need more to feed the family.) I had some cheese tortellini at home so I added 2 cups of those.


Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup salsa (I used 1/2 cup)
  • 2 Tablespoons basil pesto (I used 3)
  • 1 Tablespoon Maple syrup (I used 1 1/2)
  • 3/4 lb spinach and cheese ravioli - I used a 12 oz. package of spinach and cheese tortellini plus 2 cups of cheese tortellini
  • 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
  • 5 cups green or yellow frozen whole beans (I found a package of yellow and green beans with carrots.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
  • 2 teaspoons soy sauce

Directions
  1. Cook ravioli (or tortellini) according to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, combine salsa, pesto and maple syrup together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
  3. Melt butter in a nonstick frying pan at medium high heat. Add beans, lemon pepper and soy sauce. Toss to coat, then reduce heat to medium low. Stir often, until beans are hot, glazed and cruncy but tender.
  4. When timer rings for ravioli, drain ravioli in a colander. Heat tapenade mixture in the unclean pasta pot at medium heat until hot. Return ravioli to pot and fold gently until all the ravioli is evenly coated.
  5. Top with parmesan if desired. (we didn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails