Sunday, February 21, 2010

pina colada pudding cups

This recipe is from the taste of home recipe cards magazine. I had to make some adjustments because I didn't have any coconut extract. While it was tasty, it wasn't all that different than regular pudding. I'm really not sure the whipped topping added anything to the flavor. The kids all loved it because it was dessert.

Ingredients
  • 3 cups milk
  • 2 envelopes whipped topping mix
  • 2 packages instant vanilla pudding (the 4 serving size - 1 oz. if using sugar free - I actually used 1 package of sugar free vanilla and 1 package of coconut pudding.)
  • 2 cans (8 oz each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
  • 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (didn't have this, that's why I used the coconut pudding)
  • 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted (I toasted mine in a small frying pan.)
  • 8 maraschino cherries
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, whipped topping and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Stir in the pineapple and extract.
  2. Spoon into 8 dessert dishes, 3/4 cups in each (I used 6 dishes and added an extra 1/4 cup to most.) Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut and top each with a cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails