Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chocolate popcorn deluxe

This recipe is from Taste of homes healthy cooking magazine. It was supposed to be made using white chocolate, which I thought I had, but after starting the popcorn popping I found that it was really 2 packages of regular chocolate that I had not 1 white, 1 regular. Oops. I just used the regular chocolate. I also used more than 8 cups of popcorn because that is what 1 batch popped. I had to add another ounce of chocolate to get it all covered. Can't say that I measured any of the rest of the stuff though. I really would have liked the cranberries and pecans to stick in the popcorn, not fall to the bottom. Not sure how to solve that problem though. Bigger pieces of pecan would probably have been a good idea.


Ingredients
  • 8 cups air-popped popcorn (I used more like 12)
  • 2 squares (1 oz. each) white baking chocolate (I used 3 oz of regular chocolate)
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans)
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
Directions
  1. Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a microwave, melt white chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat. Add the cranberries, nuts and salt.
  2. Spread onto waxed paper. Cool until set. (I found this cooled as I tossed it and didn't do this step.) Store in an airtight container (I guess you can if you have left overs. We didn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails