Wednesday, February 10, 2010

peach crisp


This recipe is from my taste of home magazine. I love crisps and this one was quite different and also quite quick. I really liked the crispiness the rice chex added. I also really liked that it was super easy and quick - even the cooking. I thought the flavor was just OK. I think I would prefer it if it had some added cinnamon, just because that is how I'm used to having my crisps.




Ingredients
  • 2 cans (15 oz) sliced peaches, drained
  • 2 cups rice chex, crushed
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 3 Tablespoon cold butter (I actually had just under 3 Tablespoons which I used with no problems.)
Directions
  1. Place peaches in a greased 8 inch square baking dish. (I think my smaller casserole may have worked better.) In a small bowl, combine the cereal, brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over peaches.
  2. Bake uncovered at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails